Category: Web Design, Graphic Design, Print Design, Media, Marketing, Web development
Location: St. Petersburg, Florida (relocation not covered)
The Web & Graphic Designer position is responsible for creating compelling, modern & trendy graphic designs to foster cohesive web user experiences and some print material that tie back to the company’s established global brand for our various businesses, websites and vendors/brands within the hosting/IT/web security industry. In collaboration with other team members, responsibilities include designing and laying out many different website elements, website graphics, landing pages, marketing collaterals, promotional banners, email templates and other online/offline marketing materials for a broad spectrum of interactive and integrated marketing programs, including, but not limited to email, responsive web design, print marketing, tradeshow displays and various branding & awareness campaigns.
This role entails working very closely and cooperating in tandem with the creative & marketing teams to explore different ideas and concepts for both visual and verbal elements, as well as with other department managers both locally & internationally. You’ll be expected to generate your own ideas and designs, as well to consistently contribute to other team members’ ideas, thoughts & projects and in some cases update designs or revise a file created by another team member.
This position will require you to learn the necessary parts of the hosting industry as a whole to establish a strong understanding of our technical products and specifically their positioning in the marketplace, as well as the process and procedures of how our business is currently operated. It will be expected for you to consistently generate new ideas, create, implement and manage operational processes & strategies related to your workflow, as well as keeping the team up-to-date with changes/trends/insights related to your focus/expertise when they arise. Also, you’ll be expected to have the ability to successfully pick-up unplanned projects on the fly as they come up.
Other duties and responsibilities include; participating in most marketing related meetings, assisting in new branding initiatives, researching competitors to make adjustments when necessary, staying up to date on industry trends and always having an energetic attitude that generates creative ideas amongst all.
This position is ideal for someone who has a compelling design portfolio and the ability to create engaging media (web, print and mobile) the willingness to research, study and wants to be part of a young and rapidly growing global technology & marketing team whose goal is to be the biggest and best in the world.
Any candidate to be considered must have at least the following minimum skills:
- Degree or equivalent experience in web or print design.
- Hands-on experience creating high-end graphics and layouts for web, email and print using Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, InDesign, Flash, Creative Cloud, etc).
- Some experience with HTML 5, CSS 3, responsive design and cross-browser/OS compatibility concepts is a plus.
- Knowledge and understanding of latest SEO standards and techniques is a big plus.
- Good understanding of UI/UX design methodologies and best practices is a plus.
- Out-of-the-box thinking to conceptualize highly engaging, cutting-edge digital content and web properties to boost user engagement and lead generation.
- Technical aptitude with the ability to understand how technical solutions work and translate that into compelling graphics that tells a story.
- Highly motivated, driven and self-starting individual.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high growth, collaborative environment.
- Great written and oral communication skills.
Rapid Web Services, LLC is an emerging web-based technology company located right in the heart of beautiful downtown St. Petersburg, where we maintain multiple internet-based businesses, but are primarily focused on one e-commerce company (www.thesslstore.com) and its sister websites that all operate in the global website security industry. The SSL Store™ is currently a global leader in the SSL certificate market and is the largest SSL provider in the world and is always seeking fun, exciting and creative individuals that have the same aspirations as we do.