Symantec™ Secure Site Pro SSL Certificate provides a
minimum of 128-bit and up to 256-bit encryption. Secure Site Pro is enabled by Server
Gated Cryptography (SGC) to help ensure strong encryption by site visitors, more
than a trillion times a trillion times (288) stronger than 40-bit. It also includes
a $1.25 million warranty and the Norton™ Secured Seal.
Some nonstandard and older browsers and operating systems will not connect at the
strongest encryption level without Server Gated Cryptography (SGC) SSL encryption
in place. Symantec™ is the leading Certification Authority (CA) for SGC-enabled
SSL Certificates, providing across-the-board coverage more than any other company,
encryption that protects over 99.9% of Internet users.
- Domains Secured 1 FQDN; up to 5 with added SAN
- Issued In Less than 2 days typically
- Organization and Domain Validation
- Domain Name and Business Name Shown On Certificate
- Encryption Strength Up to 256-bit, Automatic step-up to 128 minimum (SGC)
- 99.9% Browser Compatibility
- Site Seal Included
- Single Server - Additional server licenses may be purchased
- Uses Chained Certificates
- FREE self-service reissues during validity period
Server and Client OS Compatibility
- Client OS
- Mac OS X, Snow Leapord, Windows 7, Vista, Xp, 2000, Linux Client OS.
- Server OS
- Windows Server 2008, 2003, 2000, Linux, UNIX, Solaris, Novell, etc.
- Web Server
- Microsoft IIS 7, IIS6, Apache, Tomcat, IBM HTTP, Weblogic, Cobalt.
- E-Mail Servers
- Exchange 2010, 2007, 2003 Lotus Dominos, SmarterMail, etc.
- Control Panels
- Plesk6+, Hsphere, Helm, Ensim, DotNet Panel and more.
- Proxy, Routers, Firewalls
- CISCO, Microsoft ISA 2004, ISA 2006, etc.
Chrome - 3+ above
Firefox - 1+ above
IE - 5+ above
Opera - 7+ above
Netscape - 9+ above
AOL - 10+ above
Safari all browsers
Mobile Browser Compatibility
- Microsoft Pocket Internet Explorer
- Palm / Handspring Blazer 2.0+
- Apple Iphone, Ipad Safari
- Netfront 3.0+
- NTT Do Co Mo
- Microsoft Internet Explorer Smartphone 2003
- Sony Playstation Portable
- Sony Netjuke audio
** Note that since this is not an Extended Validation (EV) certificate, typically
Symantec™ is able to perform validation through online means; if not, the
below may be required.
Symantec™ will validate your business using one of the below options.
All documentation must be current and show an official filing date.
Acceptable Proof of Right (Business Registration)
Tax licenses (US customers only)
- Articles of Incorporation
- Business License (US customers see below)
- Certificate of Formation
- Doing Business As (DBA) License
- Registration of Trade Name or Assumed Name
- Charter Documents
- Partnership Papers
- Symantec™ accepts most State-issued tax licenses.
- Symantec™ does not accept Federally-issued tax licenses.