A Symantec Wildcard SSL Certificate is quite a convenient solution,
it allows SSL encryption on multiple sub-domains using a single certificate, only
of course if these domains are controlled/owned by the same company and are sharing
the same base domain name. For example, a wildcard certificate issued to Company XYZ using the Common Name ("*.CompanyXYZ.com") may be
used to secure the following domains:
This premium wildcard solution from Symantec (formerly VeriSign) can save you money,
hassles and more importantly your time while still delivering the utmost security
and trust the web can provide. Buy the most recognized & trusted wildcard SSL certificate
on the market now and simply make your SSL management easier.
Symantec Wildcard SSLs are a common high-level standard of security
across all types of configurations that is better achieved when you do not have
to share or copy certificates among multiple servers. Wildcard certificates are
extremely convenient and can be extremely cost-effective; however
some limitations do exist and we thought we would share them with you:
- If for whatever reason, your wildcard certificate must be revoked, all of your sub-domains
will also need a new certificate.
- Sometimes wildcard certificates do not work perfectly with some older server-client
configurations. Not typical, but still exists.
- Unfortunately, Symantec Wildcard SSL Certificates are not currently covered under
Symantec's NetSure® Protection Plan.
- Secure UNLIMITED Sub Domains!
- Full business validation
- Fully Owned Roots (not chained)
- Enables 256-bit encryption
- FREE lifetime, self-service reissues
- Includes a True Site identity assurance Smart Seal - embedded organization name /date/time stamp
- Compatible with 99.9%+ of all browsers
- AICPA Web Trust compliant
- Optional - Installation Support Available!
- $500,000 Warranty
- FREE 24/7 Technical Support
- 30 Day Money Back Guarantee!
- FREE Norton™ Secured Seal
- Domains Secured; Unlimited sub domains on a single Domain Name
- Issuance Speed: 1-2 days
- Validation Method: Business and Domain Validation
- Notification Level in Browsers: Domain Name & Business Name Shown on Certificate
- Encryption Strength: Up to 256-bit
- Browser Compatibility: 99.9% (basically all browsers)
- Reissue: FREE self-service reissues during validity period
Server and Client OS Compatibility
- Client OS
- Mac OS X, Snow Leapord, Windows 7, Vista, Xp, 2000, Linux Client OS.
- Server OS
- Windows Server 2008, 2003, 2000, Linux, UNIX, Solaris, Novell, Sun J2SE, Sun J2EE, WME, WCE etc.
- Web Server
- Microsoft IIS 7, IIS6, Apache, Tomcat, IBM HTTP, Weblogic, Cobalt, Red Hat Linux Konqueror, Sony Playstation, Microsoft WebTV.
- E-Mail Servers
- Exchange 2010, 2007, 2003 Lotus Dominos, SmarterMail, Microsoft Outlook 99+, Netscape Communicator 4.51+, Mozilla Thunderbird 1.0+, Qualcomm Eudora 6.2+, Mulberry Email 3.1.6+ etc.
- Control Panels
- Plesk6+, Hsphere, Helm, Ensim, DotNet Panel and more.
- Proxy, Routers, Firewalls
- CISCO, Microsoft ISA 2004, ISA 2006, etc.
Chrome - 3+ above
Firefox - 1+ above
IE - 5+ above
Opera - 7+ above
Netscape - 9+ above
AOL - 10+ above
Safari all browsers
Mobile Browser Compatibility
- Microsoft Pocket Internet Explorer
- Palm / Handspring Blazer 2.0+
- Apple Iphone, Ipad Safari
- Netfront 3.0+
- NTT Do Co Mo
- Microsoft Internet Explorer Smartphone 2003
- Sony Playstation Portable
- Sony Netjuke audio
** Note that since this is not an Extended Validation (EV) certificate, typically
Symantec™ is able to perform validation through online means; if not, the
below may be required.
Symantec™ will validate your business using one of the below options. All documentation must be current and show an official filing date.
Acceptable Proof of Right (Business Registration)
Tax licenses (US customers only)
- Articles of Incorporation
- Business License (US customers see below)
- Certificate of Formation
- Doing Business As (DBA) License
- Registration of Trade Name or Assumed Name
- Charter Documents
- Partnership Papers
- Symantec™ accepts most State-issued tax licenses.
- Symantec™ does not accept Federally-issued tax licenses.